Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008!


Ha.
Right after saying I'd pull off this photo-a-day mission through the entire month... I failed.
I missed three days.
But I did manage to take this one yesterday.
My last photo in 2007.
That's Saara holding a bucket of fireworks. The small extremely noisy kind.
But, before we get to that, let's rewind.
My husband turned 40 on Saturday.
And I didn't even bake him a cake.
He did get a really nice gift though, a dress shirt and tie.
But no cake.
Why?
Because we went to a christening.
My cousin's baby boy got named Onni (=happiness). It's an old Finnish name, I really like it.
And they had cake... three in fact. LOL!
Are you starting to see my reasoning?
Only thing I forgot was my camera.
Hey, at least I failed with a bang, eh?
On Sunday I planned.
And did the last bit of shopping.
Because for New Year's Eve we had invited some friends over to celebrate Mika's birthday.
Lots of good food, laughter, champagne and fireworks.
And again.. I took no photos.
I just wanted to sit and enjoy, you know what I mean?
It was just above freezing... no snow. A little slush fell to the ground. The sports field where we went to send off our fireworks was m.u.d.d.y. Great fireworks. Cool enough so the champagne kept chilled in the glasses, but no frozen noses. But our shoes.. oy.
We made some cheese fondue after that, broke out some more red wine and stayed up.
Niina wasn't in bed until 1.30am!
I was impressed.
Most of our visitors left around 2.30am, but my bro and SIL couldn't get a taxi until 4.30am. It was another 40 minutes before I was in bed. I can't remember the last time I was up so late... or early...
I woke up at noon.. and now, just 4 hours later it's pitch dark again.
Where'd the day go?
A new year.
Wow.
This past one was eventful for sure.
Ups and downs.
More like downs and ups, though.
Glad it was that way around.
I'm sure 2008 has lots in store.
Ups I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Iloinen Veres Ikä minun kaveri. Ulkomuoto kuin I'll hiippakunta te kotona myöhässä Kesäkuu eli aikainen Heinäkuu

    Hope this translates correctly! I thought I'd try my hand at some Finnish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It unsuccessfully said..Happy New Year my friend. Hopefully I'll see you in mid june to early July. Did the translation site get anything right?

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)