One of those flus I can't shake off. So no work for me today. Just rest and then night school. Drugged. Sounds like a plan to me.
I think the little refurbishing I did in the bedroom yesterday is now biting me...
At least I now have time to show you the results.
Ta-daa!

I moved the ugly chair out and brought in a pretty one.

New little rugs.


Found the top picture in my closet... just don't ask.

I changed the finials on the curtain rod.
The mirror has been there for a while, I need to paint it though.
Black or silver?
Give me your opinion, please :)
Oh and that is the unfinished dollhouse/shopping center in the corner.

Light airy curtains made way for dramatic black.
I love the mirrors on there, those were originally Christmas decorations I bought dirt cheap for Mika's 40th birthday party last December. They've hung there ever since.

mmm... more pictures waiting to be hung on the wall.
What?
The shelf in the mirror?

The trashman will pick that up today.
It's a piece of a desk we bought in the US in 1996 and never used. It was stuck in the closet holding shoes or something. I have no idea why it made the move to Finland, I was sure Mika would toss it. But over the Atlantic it travelled. Why I didn't toss it out then is a also a mystery. Instead I stuck it in another closet for years and years.
But I promise you, it's gone now.
Ba-bye.
Anyone need a chair?

This little fellow has been with me a loooooooooooong time.
Hey, it's fall, it's cold, I'm ready for Halloween.
Moving on.
Want to help me decide something?
I want to reupholster the white chairs in my dining room.


(heheee.. love how the doorway frames my fridge and freezer)

I want a little more color, but also something that won't clash with the wallpaper or the ummm.. ..ryijy. The lovely wool wall rug thingy... no idea what it is called in English. My mother-in-law made that.
I've spent quality time browsing lovely fabrics on the Designer's Guild website and these made the final round.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6. 
Pretty stripes and some funky snakeskin velvet.
Which is your favorite candidate?
I have a personal fave but I'm not revealing it to you yet...
Hm, number three! And I would paint the mirror frame metallic silver (not just "silver colour"). I just know what black furniture looks like a couple of days after cleaning them. Hopeless (but oh so läckert)! Great remodeling btw. I'm so looking forward to even being able to start.
ReplyDeleteTäälläkin ehdotetaan "hopeisia" peilin kehyksiä.
ReplyDeleteLuulin jo, että tuo lähtevä hyllykkö on uusi nukkekotiprojekti:)
Black. And I think it would be sort of called a tapestry, though maybe just a wall hanging.
ReplyDeleteYou inspire me to throw stuff out!
Wow the mirror would look good in black and you could stamp some silver things on it or get some silver rubons to put some decorative elements in the middles of each side.
ReplyDeleteI for sure thought you could have come up with something creative to do with that shelf thing. I'm surprised you didn't think of some minature thing for it.
Also fabric for the chairs, I like 3 and 5 I think, blue snakeskin