Friday, July 09, 2010

The color of today is....

Meet my grandma's old kitchen table.
It's been stored in my in-laws' barn for 11 years...
I know this table.

A lot of love happened around this table.
So many meals. So many cups of tea. So many conversations. And a lot of baking.
I lived next door to my grandma, so I saw this table daily.
We've had it brought back to help us serve more baked goods and cups of tea for Saara's confirmation party in August.

It will get a little facelift.
Oh no, I don't want to touch that tabletop.. I need all those scratches, dents, rings left from wet glasses...

However.. yesterday I ran some pretty special laundry.
What do you think you get when you add a dye named Flamingo Pink and a boring bland crocheted bedspread made by my mom?

This:


Oh mama... this I love!
And if you had this assorted bunch of crocheted doilies in that laundry too?


They would turn into something pretty fantabulous as well.


I'll be sewing them together to make a funky tablecloth.


I now have a need to dye something else boring and give it a new and gloriously vivid life.

3 comments:

  1. That second batch laid out like that looks like a beautiful table runner. Your imagination and creativity are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAAAAUUU! ei voi muuta sanoa, nättiä kun pinkki flamingo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. upea!!! niin tuo iso pitsiliina kuin tuo tuleva kaitaliinakin.

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)