Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Remembering my Mom

This project started with this photo of my Mom in her late teens (I'm guessing.. there was no year attached to it).
I really like this picture, she's so young and carefree.. and you simply must love the basket and that skirt.


I incorporated the photo onto an apron.


I also added recipe cards with her hand-writing. The trio makes the pocket.


The two recipes, for crispy thin oatmeal cookies and an apple coffeecake are tried and true staples at my house.





The photo and recipes were printed on iron transfer paper.
Now if I only dared to use it.. I'd hate to get this apron dirty :D

2 comments:

  1. christine j2:49 AM

    love the apron ..such a cool idea! I still remember how thoughtful she was picking me up scrapping supplies on one of her trips to Stockholm.

    I'd have a hard time using something like that except maybe for special occasions. (It's taken me 12 years to finally use a quilt I made ...wanted to keep it nice looking).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ihana <3 Ehkä jotkut esiliinat voi kehystää keittiön seinälle?

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)