Friday, July 08, 2011

End of an era...




I just watched Atlantis lift off for the last time...


I have to admit it feels sad. For 30 years I've read about the missions, watched the news and documentaries.


These past few years I love how I've been able to stream Nasa tv live online.


Did you know you can even track the space shuttle on Google Earth?


Oh yeah.


Very cool in my book :D




This image was taken from the Nasa website shuttle mission section.


If you a bit of a space-nut, there's loads of cool stuff on there.


Check it out...

1 comment:

  1. It is sad when something like this happens to a piece of our history. I was lucky enough to see Concord make it's final flight over London as it passed quite close to our office - that is another 'icon' that is sorely missed.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)