One step at a time.
Understanding shutter speed is one.
I'm getting there.. :)
Now.. June was probably not a very good month to attack this skill.. seeing as it is not even completely dark at midnight this far north :P
So I started on an overcast day at 11pm.
Stood my camera on its stand in my front yard and waited for cars to go by.
And waited.
Waited some more.
Click.

4 second exposure... hmmm...
Click. oh crap...

Motorcycle. Exposure 10 seconds.
And no he didn't make a backflip.. I bumped the camera...
Not enough cars. Really at this hour?!?
Odd.
So I moved next to the highway.
Not exactly a traffic jam...

I had a few tries.
Meh.. ok, but not brilliant.
Click.

Better... 6 second exposure.
Traffic both ways.
The dashed line? A bus with its signal on :)
I need to haul my gear to the pedestrian overpass in October..
Another night in my front yard.
Raining this time.
Completely normal to haul your gear out at nearly midnight under an umbrella.. right?
Right?

Click.
11.30pm.
Two girls and three light sticks.
Two girls and three light sticks.
Let's wing one.
Click.

Ten second exposure, during which she moved twice.
Should have had a darker background.
Fun idea though.
Now we tried quite a few of these, but the problem was that it is really hard for anyone to stay completely still for five seconds.
Blur occurs.
But hey, these are still fun images.
But hey, these are still fun images.
Click.



Sulla on aina niin hienoja kuvia! :)
ReplyDeleteMun tylsässä pikkupokkarissa on asetus "Starry night" ja mä kokeilin sitä joskus autossa motarilla. Toimii yllättävän hyvin.
I love special effects with cameras but I'm really useless - think it best that I stick with my "point & shoot" LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat photos can't wait to see what you come up with later in the year.
Toni xx