Sunday, July 10, 2011

A hot Saturday , last week..

Hot being a relative thing, but for us if the temps rise above +25C, it's officially hot.
It's been pretty near +30C for a while now...
(we only had this Monday a bit cooler)

The problem last week was that Niina was boooooooooooooooored.
Saara was at camp.
All Niina's neighborhood friends were at summer cabins or traveling.
Mika and I have been busy finishing the renovation in the other house.
Whine whine whine.. you know how it goes.

Luckily last Saturday my sister-in-law came to the rescue.
She called and asked if Niina would like to come over later in the afternoon and be Julia's company in the kiddie pool :)





Needless to say, they had a blast!
(and no, she didn't spray my camera)

Later on, we started getting hungry.. they had some left overs from the previous evening's BBQ party, I had meat in my fridge..

So I jumped in the car, drove the 10 minutes home, picked up the meat and Mika and headed back.
I really enjoy these impromptu get-togethers.


Julia, being the slightly (*grin*) bossy two-year old that she is, made everyone blow bubbles...


*pop*




Our old slide has a new home and one happy owner.








She'll be a big sister around Christmas time.. ;)

When we got home , it was just a bit hotter inside the house than outside.. groan..


(disregard the time and date... those are all wrong, LOL)

Days like these I'm really most comfortable after the sun has set.

I took my camera out past midnight to capture the still light night sky.








And just so you know, it's still hot.

And yes I am allowed to complain when I feel uncomfortable over the heat.

Theres something wrong if I can only work in the garden at midnight...

I need one rainy day.

So does my garden.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to spend a day - on the spur of the moment events can be such fun.

    It has been 'stormy' hot here most of this week so not very comfortable - a couple of downpours but not enough to clear the air.

    Hope you & your garden get the rain you want. Have a good week.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)