Saturday, November 05, 2011

How about a little color inspiration?








The main Marimekko store in town does the trick without fail.

Every.
Single.
Time.

I would have shown you more, but they told me photography was not allowed...
WHAT?!?

That is just wrong.

..grumble grumble...


Next time I'll pretend to be a tourist with no language skills :P


This is what I hauled home from the bits and pieces bins this past summer.


Don't you love that monkey?

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Valokuvaushan ei ole kiellettyä kaupoissa vaikka omistaja/myyjä/kuka tahansa niin sanoisikin. Se on toki eri asia, että haluaako asiasta ruveta luennoimaan jos kuvaus pyydetään lopettamaan. Herkkuvärejä kuitenkin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't people understand that there are creative people out there that are just INSPIRED and not out to steal ideas? Hmm. Glad you're joining in for Nablopomo- I've been having great time with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten into trouble with photography in the stores. They even got really nasty in one shop as I innocently tried to explain that it was only for private use for fun. The rule unfortunately seems to apply in many countries. Don't know what they worry about, ideas can be stolen or the security cracked in so many ways if one really wanted.
    I actually find it really frustrating that it isn't allowed. Consider eg. you see something you think is suitable but would like a second opinion from friend or family. Easiest would be to take a picture with your mobile, mms is it, and get the answer in seconds. If you wait till the next time the product usually has left the store. Given the return policy in European countries is not as great as in the States, this would be a very useful option.
    Then again I must say, in some quaint shops when strolling around as a tourist I have gotten a permission to photograph when I asked beforehand.

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)