Saturday, May 26, 2012

Behind the magic -part 3

So what did impress me the most?
What the graphics department did.

You can read every word in that newspaper and it makes (magical) sense.
Really it could have been gibberish, you wouldn't be able to make sense of it on the big screen as it flashes by.

Every minute detail is there!

I'm a sucker for doubledecker buses, so a tripledecker is right up my alley!

Diagon Alley....
Yes, I walked down Diagon Alley!

The art department left me speechless.

The Burrow was another favorite. 
Would someone build me one, please?
I'll take it in 1:12 scale  ;)

The very last room houses the pearl of the tour, the Hogwarts Castle in 1:24 scale.
I have more photos behind this link.
If you've enjoyed the books and the films (admittedly, some more than others) and you just happen to be in the London area.. this is worth sitting 20 minutes on a train for.
Just sayin'...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Susanna... every single one of your trip blog posts is amazing. All those photos... I'm awfully jealous. And this! I must go to see all this Harry Potter business!!! So what if I just took the trip of the year, this is now on my list : ) Thank you for taking the time to post all these shots!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)