Monday, September 11, 2006

As requested

Photos of my renovation progress.

There's a stucco effect all around the house now, looking like this:

I'm loving the yellow livingroom.
I had to remove the window to get some of the painting done...

That yellow with the walnut stain on the wood... pretty.

These are the giant popsicle sticks.

I used the clay tiles I had originally made for the kitchen in the two fireplaces. I just glued them on and used the walnut stain to tone them down.

New kitchen floor made from Cernit oven clay.
And yes, this was a pain to make...

But it does look so very nice.

I used the modeling paste (mixed with acrylic paint) to paint the kitchen walls. It gives a great look for an English cottage.

So the downstairs is done (except for the doors).
I moved upstairs on Saturday.

This is the bedroom.
I think I'll leave the floor as is.
Still thinking...

6 comments:

  1. I have to make a dollhouse now.
    Add that to my list.
    This is so precious and adorable and beautiful.
    The stucco, the yellow walls, the popsicle stick floor... it's all precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:57 PM

    How nice,I like the floors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:15 AM

    Sus, this is amazing. I love the popsicle stick floors! This looks like wonderful therapy for the flu.

    (This is me, Nance, I am just too lazy to try and figure out my password)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man this is fabo. I love the ceramic tile and how ingenius for a wood plank floor!

    Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:45 PM

    i'd like to shrink and move in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Nadine...this is SO cool. The floors are genius!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)