Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Gingerbread


I got some questions after posting my 'Lighthouse' LO about this gingerbread project from last December.
It all started off looking like this:

A 3D puzzle.
I did have instructions for a different kind of lighthouse, but I opted to take another route called 'winging it'.
The boat was made by rolling a piece of aluminum foil under the dough while it baked in the oven.

Here it stands before decorating it.
The decorations were going on mostly to hide the crookedness of me 'winging it'.
Ha!

And here are some close-ups of the details:



Please feel free to ask questions.

And if you are wondering who the folk habiting the lighthouse are, it's the
Moomins.
Good books.

My personal favorite is the Moominland Midwinter.

2 comments:

  1. ahh.. I see. You used strips to make the lighthouse.
    I was thinking it was one big cylinder and I couldn't figure out how it didn't crack.
    This is great inspiration.
    I saw a gingerbread sled once that would be cool to do.
    Do you get Food TV in Finland? They had a big production last year about gingerbread; some from competions, Disney gingerbread houses (as big as a room), some made by kids. Very very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:06 AM

    I have never made a gingerbread house persay but I have made a little Christmas hut out of rice krispie cake!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)