Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It works!

Blogger that is. It was giving all sorts of trouble yesterday...

I've been thinking small all weekend. On saturday I finished a lot of work on the dollhouse. As soon as I get the three doors fitted and hinged, I'll show it to you in all it's beauty.
This week.

Stay tuned.

I've also been baking.
Pies.

Want a closer look?
Here you go, click on the pics to make them bigger.

Aren't they fun?
The berries are beads and the apple slices are wooden beads cut into pieces.
You can find instructions for these
here.

I also bought some of that oven-bake modeling clay.
Why?
Because I found
these amazing miniature foods made by Angie Scarr.
One link lead to another and I found
a book of hers that I just plain want. SO I added it on my Amazon wish list...heheheee...
The girls and I had a blast yesterday.
As you can see.

Small. Tiny. Super fun.

Saara made cheese and all those carrots. And yes, those are teeny tiny donuts...

Also on the menu some more cheese, sandwiches with either salami, eggs or peppers, karelian pies and eggs & bacon for breakfast.

Not to forget the bread or the "berliners", the jelly donuts with pink frosting.

Niina cooked up a feast for her barbie dolls. Including the cuter than cute duck cake. And can you see the snowman? Just darling...

Me, I followed this tutorial and learned to make orange slices!

I then went on to bake two cakes. Wish I could taste them.


***some of these will be heading up to Tornio. Thanks for your patience Heli, finally getting your 10 000 celebratory prize mailed this week***

What else went on...
I got to see a possible wedding gown with my soon to be (April 21st is the date) sister-in-law. Wow is all I can say. Tomorrow we're off to see the other candidate. She won't be wearing white. Not her style. I can't give you details in case my bro reads this... but trust me...wow.

Today we're having friends over.
Yummy food.
Chicken parmegiana and a apple crisp for dessert.
Can't wait. I'm hungry already.

Oh and if you haven't noticed, it's been unusually warm here. That ticker hit 70 on friday!
We're being spoiled.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:39 PM

    pikku karelian pies! mmmmmmmm! ooooh, it's been way too long since I've made the life size versions...I need to get on that. I could go for one 'bout now.

    These are all just WAY too ambitious! LOL I'm overly impressed!!!! You're an awesome mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:18 PM

    oh my goodness! you are a crafting goddess! i can't believe how cool all that stuff looks. i need to steal some of your creativity!

    and it's warmer there right now than it is here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:05 PM

    Cool, Susanna!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susanna,
    Ugh...Blogger was terrible yesterday, wasn't it?

    I love your little miniatures.
    You are uber talented!

    More please.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. did i ever tell you you amaze me totally i wish i had as much creativity you store in your fingernail xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)