Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Day 2 - Disneyland/Paris

It's taking me a while to go through all my photos.. lots in this post :)

Isn't this guy great?
Just another parisian detail on a building facade...


Ooohh.. I want one of these!


My eye rests on these houses.


Arc de Triomphe, up close and personal.

I kept trying to figure out if the round-about around it had four, five or six lanes.. it was like the Wild West! I'd never want to drive in there...




We found the train station and went underground.


It was a 35 minute train ride to the land of Disney.
Caught this reflection of anticipation..


Inside the gates, finally.
Saara took this photo.. love the seller just chillin'.. it was sizzling hot.


Mmmm.. happy details.. Hi Mike!



It's THE train!




Two girls and a beanstalk...

Yay, teacup time!



Then into the labyrinth we went.
I believe we were terribly late...




(my Finnish friends, doesn't she look just like Pekka Puupää's Justiina?) :D

We hopped on a train that took us all around this land of Disney..

..and hopped off at Adventureland.

Oooohh.. a X-fighter!

We ate at an empty (and nicely air-conditioned) Pizza Planet.


I love the steampunk feel there.



Not into the regular souveniers?
How about a little interplanetary bling?
Just peek at the pricetag..ha!

While Mika and Saara went to try out Autopia, Niina and I got great seats for the parade.

My faves!
Toy Story.



She's so deliciously evil...




Teen disclaimer:
Saara does not want me to post this photo as she says she looks funny (she's talking about the shoulders, not the ears.. heh). All I could tell her was that she kept posing like that in all the five photos taken. I think she was channeling her inner Minnie :D


Niina claims it was the BEST DAY EVER.
She loved it all.
Back at the hotel.. we stopped by the grocery store and picked up a little evening bed picnic supplies.

A bit before 10pm Saara and I walked towards the Eiffel tower.
There was a beautiful moon.

We went to see the flashing lights that make the tower look like it is sparkling.
Took 25 mountain climbers five months to install the 20 000 bulbs.
It was really difficult to photograph...


But it was pretty.

Look at this house.

Perfect view to the Eiffel tower from those balconies btw.
At Trocadero..

One of my favorite little things in Paris were these red lights for pedestrians.
It's like he's saying: Don't you dare to cross!

1 comment:

  1. Oi miten ihania kuvia! Kiitos matkakertomuksesta...

    Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)