Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Goings on in May

..also known as a photoful catch-up post :)

***
This one is from three weeks ago.
My favorite part of May.
So many different shades of fresh greenness.

This is on my walk home from the store.

***
Early May was spent with Operation Lawn.
It was badly taken over by moss.
Out came the moss killing chemical, and after a couple days I raked it off.. and raked, and raked and raked some more.


Then Mika spread out a thin layer of a mixture of soil, fertilizer and grass seed.




Then we watered and waited.
Oh was it ever worth the work!
Look at that lusciousness!



***

We had this little lady over for a couple of nights.




She helped me in the garden while I pulled out daffodils, or as Julia put it "yellow flowers".




We played peek-a-boo with a see-through chair :)



Some of my favorite spring flowers: forget-me-nots



and primroses.



***
All of the above photos were taken with my point and shoot because my Canon was in the shop for repairs.


A fried main board and shutter... in a two year old camera!

Two thumbs up for Canon for excellent customer service as they provided new parts after one phonecall.

I got home on that rainy day and went out in the garden to test my baby.






There really is nothing as pretty as a wet garden.



Did you know that raindrops hide the most intriguing reflections?

You just have to get close enough.

***

On her second visit Julia discovered Niina's dollhouse.


She made me giggle by knocking on the front door before opening it :D

After that all the residents went up the stairs and down the stairs.

Many many times.

***

One of the sweetest things in May was the baby shower I hosted for a dear friend from work.



I saw an idea on Pinterest (the best way to spend hour after hour online!) of raindrops on a hanging umbrella for a baby shower...

Couldn't hang up an umbrella, but I remembered these lanterns.


Some scraps of blue cardstock and a sewing machine later...

Came out cute!


We had a lovely brunch with french toast on a stick, scones, cheeses and decadent brownies...






And sweet little spring posies picked from my garden and displayed in teacups.





So there you have it.

May in a nutshell.


Tomorrow I'll have to show off some layouts... and pick up on Project Procrastination...heh...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photos - pleased to hear you have your camera back in working order.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)