Saturday, June 10, 2006

Here on a saturday..wow.

Unusual for me to blog on the weekend.

But I thought about something while unpacking groceries yesterday. I live very close to a smaller grocery store and the supermarket. I don't do big runs too often, I like to get one or two days of supplies at a time. Works for me...I'm not much of a planner lol.

Fruit (bananas, nectarines, apples, pears and apricots), bread x2, margarine, cheese, frozen dough, salad, thyme, cherry tomatos (red and yellow), oatmeal cookies, pesto, skimmed milk, orange juice, salami, ravioli, small cinnamon rolls for the girls, chicken, strong english cider (alchohol content 4,5%) and a few filled licorices.
The dough, cheese and tomatos were for an openface savory pie I made last night as my bro and her girlfriend came over. Oh, the cider too ;o)
Today we are barbecuing the chicken.

What is on your menu or shopping list for the weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Your groceries look yummy. I am usually a big trip gal, but lately it's been little trips. Your shopping looks very focused and full of creative foods. I'm jealous I wish I liked to cook and make yummy dishes like you do

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm wasn't feeling so wel so I didn't do the big run today. A small run in the evening (yes we have 2 big supermarkets open until 20.00) and there I only got the brand stuff. Coca cola, lays chips, ben & jerry's ice cream, fruitsirup for the boys, and some cereal. Will do the big run on monday .... I liked your list, it had more fruit, I forgot the nectarines and pineappel ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was laughing because I was thinking the same thing about blogging. I rarely blog on a Saturday but did this weekend :)

    I am actually a planner because I dread going to the grocery store. I usually make up a menu for the week and then hopefully only have to go once :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)