Saturday, June 17, 2006

Why I love summer on the 60th latitude


Taken through my kitchen window, towards the western sky at 11.48pm last night.
ISO 100, F/3,5, shutter speed 1,6 sec.
Gives a pretty accurate idea.

I love the midnight sun.
Today-
sunrise 3.54am
sunset 10.48pm

At sunset, I can still sit on the patio reading.

I'm off to hang laundry out to dry.
See ya!

5 comments:

  1. I miss Finland!!!!! Thanks for letting me live vicariously, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:35 PM

    I showed Ben your blog and he totally wants to move to Finland, lol. ("but only for the summer!") lol. Very cool!

    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, and I thought we had long evenings over here ! But I have heard about it, my mother's friend in the UK is from Finland. Maybe you've heard of her, she's quite the photographer Sirkka-Liisa Konttinen ? grts, D@nielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would hate the midnight sun. It would be too hard to go to bed at my usual 9PM! LOL. It does look beautiful there Sus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:33 AM

    I think that is so neat. But, it would take some getting used to. Nice photo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)