Thursday, June 29, 2006

When inspiration hits...

...strange things can happen.

First, your floor can turn into a huge mess:

(please ignore the uglier than ugly rug)

Why?

Because four years after I took my wedding pics out of the crappy original slap-them-on-here-and-be-done-with-it-album, I actually did something with them.
[gasp]
I'm making a 8x8 album from all the snapshots and later on a separate portfolio for the professional shots.
Here's the intro page:

The album will be kraft cardstock, assorted papers in tans, blacks and reds, hand-cut inked hearts, 7 Gypsies stickers and all the rest of my Basic Grey rub ons.
Yes all of them.
They better be coming out with new cool ones at CHA summer is all I'm saying...

I can't believe I wore that poofy dress...so very early 90's.
I mean I had a huge bow on my butt...
Beautiful though, my sister's dress.
Handmade.
Stunning.
Tawny, you have it packed up right?
I wonder if we can make any of our girls actually wear it...heheheee....

A tidbit of info on my wedding...
You have no idea how hard it was to find pink sweet peas for my bouquet the first week of August.
I had to order some and hope they got them.
Not quite the flower in season....

I also did something else yesterday.
I picked up my oil paints.
Well, new ones really since I haven't painted in ..what...18 years? 19?

First installment:

There will be a second one to go next to it.
Painted using a spatula (I think that's what it's called), so there's cool texture. That doesn't quite show in the photo.

I'd forgotten about the paint and turpentine fumes though.
A natural high.
heeeeeeeeeeeeee...

7 comments:

  1. Wow I love that wedding LO, and, embrace the rug...I think it looks cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:17 PM

    Ohh, how fun! You look so cute, and my dress was nearly exactly like that, poofy and everything, with a huge bum bow, oh well at that time I loved it :)! Better get my but in gear and get you those stickers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL what Marie said..."Embrace the rug..." There's a Zen lesson here somewhere. I love your creativity and your spunk; you are so inspiring! I love how you really relish your days and make the most out of your time. You truly are a role model for me! So cool you got your paints out..love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:50 PM

    i think i should send you all my pictures and let you scrapbook for me. seriously susanna, i love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really like the wedding lo, and about the dress, thank god I didn't get married in the late 80's early 90's hihi...Great idea to redo the photo's and making a memorable scrapbook of them !
    wow painting, good for you to start again, I cannot draw/paint to save my life. Just give me glue and scissors ......grts, D@nielle
    ps. looking forward to the rest, really like the color theme you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohhh..love the red! That is my fav color! too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe EITHER of us wore that dress, but you know minus the bum bow and sleeves it would make a beautiful sleeveless dress - all that hand beading on the bodice.......mmmmmmmmmm! Dress is all packaged up and ready if you want it - I have it safely stored away! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)