I bet you're wondering what I have planned for December...
Let me tell you.
From tomorrow until Dec 24th, I'll have a new holiday themed banner every day. I'll be switching it about 9am my time (that's 11pm for you west-coasters).
As for the Flickr thing in the sidebar that has been flashing numbers at you for a while, it will be my "photo of the day" advent calendar. Also from Dec 1st to 24th. I'll have no set time to upload my photo, so you'll have to be patient. Once you double-click on the photo, it will take you to the Flickr page where I'll have the story behind the photo typed for you curious souls :o)
Now why the 24th and not the 25th I hear you ask?
Because we Finns start Christmas at noon on Christmas Eve. That is when we listen to the Christmas peace announcement from the city of Turku. This is a tradition that was begun in medieval times.
"Tomorrow, God willing, is the graceful celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour; and thus is declared a peaceful Christmas time to all, by advising devotion and to behave otherwise quietly and peacefully, because he who breaks this peace and violates the peace of Christmas by any illegal or improper behaviour shall under aggravating circumstances be guilty and punished according to what the law and statutes prescribe for each and every offence separately. Finally, a joyous Christmas feast is wished to all inhabitants of the city."
After that we resume cooking.
*grin*
Then we eat, visit the graves and if all goes well Santa will pop in sometime during the evening and sing a few carols with us before giving out presents and heading for the next house. He's one busy man. So it's all a timezone thing... once he gets to you North American folks you're all sleeping and he has no choice but to do the chimney drop-off.
I'm wondering if he'll bring his Mrs along this year... he did one year....
I can't wait until tomorrow....
goody!!!!!! i've been looking forward to this!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what you've got planned!
ReplyDelete