Thursday, July 31, 2008

Answering...

Suzanne's question... :)

I was so interested in the icebreaker ships. Is it a scary global warming thing that they weren't needed this winter, or is that normal to have winters where they don't go out?

What the global warming is doing here is giving us wetter summers. Well, that's my personal unscientific opinion anyway... Mostly based in this June ;)

It is not uncommon for us in the south (yes I know for most people south is NOT the 60th latitude) to have mild winters occasionally. So sometimes the icebreakers do stay docked for most of the winter. Normal years our Gulf of Finland and also our harbors freeze over. However our icebreakers can also be called to help somewhere else.

It's a standing joke here that the ideal job is to be working on an icebreaker during summer and as an asphalting (fixing the roads) man in wintertime.

I'm in an answering mood..
I KNOW there are people stopping by here ;)
Drop me a question.
ANYTHING.

And I'll get back to you.

PS. Tawny dearest, I owe you a phonecall. Niina keeps pestering me about that AC kitty...

2 comments:

  1. Phone calls are welcome =) I have Ryan news!
    Love Tawny who can't remember her google password so she's anonymous! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lied!!!!! I just remebered it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)