Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In mini news today...

I have this summer's second miniature market on Sunday, so I've been making a few little things.

Funky "put a crate sideways and add wheels" tables.


They make for a cute sidetable. I'd take one in 1:1 size :)


I've also built sand castles!

Man were those fun to make... they are made out of solid and gel polymer clay and real sand.
Real sand from the Sleeping Bear Dune in Michigan, I might add.
I knew there was a reason I've saved that ziplock baggie for ten years.
My scrapbooking friends might recognize the fabulous use of Chatterbox paper scraps, heh.

I love making quilts, but somehow they take me oh about seven or so years to complete.
Unless I sew them in 1:12 scale!
I can finish them in a day!
Who knew...



I still have time to make three more ;)

Then I might have to start on Niina's 1:1 quilt.
It's time for that.

I went browsing on Amazon for fun books the other day and while I was at it, thought they'd look so cute dollhouse size.

So there you go.

It's a sickness, I know.
(but I did order two books, I'll share when they arrive)

Hey the sun is out!
As opposed to yesterday's rain.
The girls and I just might venture out today.
It's been a pitiful July...
No real hot simmering summer days.
Not a one.
Wanna bet summer rolls into town the day I start work again?
Bah.

2 comments:

  1. So darn creative! I love the sandcastles. I wish you would have snapped a photo with a coin beside them to show the comparrison. Good luck at the minatures show this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sandcastles, the tables, etc. :) So cute. Glad summer is arriving. Your bread looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)