Saturday, July 26, 2008

Friday evening at the amusement park

I love walking in through the gates to the amusement park.
The first thing that hits you is the smell.
A sweet concoction of cotton candy, popcorn and waffles.
mmmmm....



Pretty polkadots... and nice numbers.


Love the colors at amusement parks!


Ice cream, anyone?


Well.. yeah... isn't that what the equasion adds up to?
Hehehee..
I wonder how many times I've walked past these signs and not realize...


Saara and Mika got wet.


Heading towards to unknown...
I have to hand it to them.
Personally I hate the rides.



Saara's eye is a bit swollen, she had some bug bite her just by her eye. I think it's an allergic reaction.


Oh my gosh. This made my day.
They always add new things every year, and this... it's a kissing booth!
Too cute.


My favorite water fountain, ever since I was a kid.


We went up there to check out the view.


That's the wooden roller coaster.


In the middle you can see the icebreaker ships docked for the summer. In fact they were docked there all last winter because it was so warm it never iced up completely.


The red brick church with golden cupolas is the Russian Orthodox Uspenski Cathedral and the white church is the biggest Lutheran church in town.


Laura, can you see the bar at the Tower Hotel where we went to see the view?
The tall square yellow tower :)

This city can be defined by the church towers, pretty much the tallest buildings in this city.


Color explosion.


Cotton candy.



And spinning teacups.
One of the very few rides I can tolerate.
It is also increasingly more difficult to get good shots on it.
Love the sun in that last one.

We had a blast.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:55 AM

    What awesome photos, Susanna! Your girls are just absolutely winsome. Sweet, sweet faces.

    Those signs cracked me up! You're right, that is the equation, in the correct order! :D

    I was so interested in the icebreaker ships. Is it a scary global warming thing that they weren't needed this winter, or is that normal to have winters where they don't go out?

    Where is this park? It's so neat.

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)