Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Soooooo... that June garden...

We had such a lovely May that when cool and rainy June rolled in, everything slowed down. The flowers that should have bloomed early June. had already bloomed in May. And the rest? Well.. they hung on and waited until warmer days.

But I did have some prettiness to look at.


I have never seen this rhododendron in such magnificent bloom...







I got my new rose planted.


After a very rainy day.


Even rain can be pretty.

Can't wait for my hollyhocks to bloom!

Yes, it's a red delphinium!

I can never get a good photo of the poppies. The picture always looks over saturated. They just are that bright...

Approach these bushes of ornamental raspberries (ornamental means they don't carry berries) and you'll think you're hearing's gone weird... all you can hear is this buzzing sound..


It'll be because the bushes are buzzing with a gazillion beezzzzzz.....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:48 PM

    So pretty, Susanna! :)

    There is a tree at my sister's house that hums all summer, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)