I'll start with my absolute favorites.
You can find about 50 of these if you are diligent enough, some are not in very easily spotted places... I find they are best observed on a bright sunny day.



Can you guess why they are my faves?
Oh yes.. such a fan of reflections :)
Hi there!

I can almost hear him... I think he was whistling "I'm singing in the rain..."
Nearby I found some pretty flowers growing out of the asphalt.


They are in a school yard, I expect they are used as chairs a lot :)
OK, so these guys are far from a fave statue, but this tickled my funny bone.

I wonder who left the hydrangea there?
It was raining again... not that I'm complaining, I was loving the puddles.


I walked a bit further still, past the church..


And small. He stands on the steps to our National Archives.

Thursday was such a nice day, sunny and bright.. sat by the sea for a few minutes...
With his hands in his pockets...

I can almost hear him... I think he was whistling "I'm singing in the rain..."
Nearby I found some pretty flowers growing out of the asphalt.


They are in a school yard, I expect they are used as chairs a lot :)
OK, so these guys are far from a fave statue, but this tickled my funny bone.

I wonder who left the hydrangea there?
It was raining again... not that I'm complaining, I was loving the puddles.
He's designed by the same guy who made the whistling dude we already met.
Björn Weckström.
Björn Weckström.


I walked a bit further still, past the church..
I really wanted to meet this Wise Mouse I had heard about.

Sweet isn't he?

And small. He stands on the steps to our National Archives.
I had time for one last stop.. had to dash to the subway.
Rumba.
Years ago my bus to work took me past this every single day.
I love how it changes depending on what side you see.

Now if you are local, you'll probably know where I walked.
Bulevardi, Iso Roba, Ratakatu, Mansku, Kluuvikatu, Rauhankatu, Itämerenkatu.
I used the bus, the tram and subway, but mostly my feet.
I missed a few stops along the way ( I had a list in my pocket) as the weather kept changing my route... I had to make mad dashes to stand under lush trees or jump into shops to protect my camera from the downpours.
No, I had no umbrella on me.. the weather report I had checked didn't mention rain. At. All.
I still managed 9 kilometers around central Helsinki :D








Love all those reflections, especially the flowers in the puddle.
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking us on the tour.
Toni :o)