Friday, June 02, 2006

Only one more early morning..only one more early...

..morning...only one more early morning...
My new mantra.

Until mid august when schools start and it's at the school 8.15 every damn morning..
I'm such a nightowl..
Tomorrow's awards and report cards ceremony..sure enough...8.15...on a saturday morning! Ugh. Make that a double ugh.

I recently made a layout about the fact that Niina incredibly enough chose an oufit for herself that actually matched. And looked cute too.


That being said...this is one of the outfits she put on the other day that gave me a really bad 80's flashback...

...shiver....

On to the playhouse. One of my dad's great ideas was to buy one that was not kid sized. Even adults can stand up in there, yay.
The girls had been quite content playing in it even with unpainted walls and mismatched furniture. But I wanted it to look fun and inviting.
Last year I finally painted the walls and floor. This year it was time to concentrate on the furnishings. Some stuff had been painted last summer already. I love how it looks now. And the girls brag about having the best playhouse ever, lol..

Welcome to What Street 9.

On the porch we have a real old cash register (my dad used to work for NCR= national cash register way back when... this was one the perks). Depending on the day it's a shop or a restaurant.

Step inside.

The table used to be bright red and in my room when I was about 5. I just added the wheels to it yesterday. That super cute fabric is from IKEA.

My grampa made this shelf for me when I was a little girl.

The new shelf. New baskets too :o)

Now this cooler is special. Would you belive it is over 50 years old? In 1952 Helsinki hosted the summer Olympic Games. That was the event that brought Coca Cola to Finland. This little baby is a collectors item. But it was collecting dust in the garage, so I thought it was in better use here.

Not quite sure of what's on the menu today...

19 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable playhouse. I love the cash register and the colors in there. I think it's hillarious that you've got a mailbox that says U.S. mail...is that wishful thinking for mail from the U.S. or do all the mailboxes there say that too???

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable playhouse Susanna...
    it is cold and rainy "down south" here in Ohio and the 'tis herself girlies say "HI!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove the play house! I put your blog on my "must-read-daily" list! The 'tis herself girlies say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, Susanna... I want that playhouse for ME to play in. WOW!!!

    Happy Scavenger hunt day : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:16 PM

    i second what elizabeth said! i'd move in there anytime. i love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is soooooo cool, don't think my boys will go for that though. Loving the accesoires ! They have a real boys plaything in tht garden.
    Like the outfits, so if you have an 70/80's party (really hot in the netherlands now) she can dress you ! grts, D@nielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photos!

    'tis herself girlies at it again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo I THIRD that statement-I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT playhouse!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a cool playhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can I move in?
    That is such an impressive playhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Wow, what pretty colors! I saw that fabric at Ikea, but with two boys not a lot I could think of to use it on. Yet, anway! *LOL*

    Melissa~
    (you've been scavenged by 'tis herself!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:01 AM

    that is too cute!!
    suziebeezieland chickadee was here :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one of the cutest playhouses ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:35 AM

    This brings ack such good memories of my childhood playhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:44 AM

    mitakatu 9 on oikean ihana!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thats is the best play house ever its so pretty, i want to come play tea party's with the girls.

    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:47 AM

    You have waaaayyyy too much time on your hands!! LOL That is really incredible. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous3:21 AM

    this is the coolest playhouse EVER!!! so creative and fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)